Auditions & Jobs
Professional Development Programme for Graduating Dance Students
Studio Wayne McGregor is offering an opportunity for five graduating students or recent dance graduates to become part of PEER, a unique professional development programme with us in January - August 2023.
Feedback from the programme:
- ‘PEER has helped take my abilities to the next level by providing a safe space, professional development and training in subjects even most universities don’t offer.'
- ‘It deeply changed the way I apply for opportunities, self promote and organise myself.’
-‘What I love about this programme is its ability to nurture new and emerging artists, to creatively challenge our thoughts and values, and achieve a clear vision for the future of our artistry.
The PEER programme will offer a range of interactions with Studio Wayne McGregor to further develop the skills needed to prepare for a portfolio career and to gain exposure to life as a professional dancer alongside mentoring and development of a peer network. Elements will include:
- Mentoring by a selected artist to individually guide you through the year.
- Professional development sessions with Studio Wayne McGregor management staff, on self-promotion, marketing, tax, finance, fundraising and tour booking.
- Training to support the setup of a self-facilitating Action Learning set.
- Participation in Company Wayne McGregor classes.
- Participation in a Studio Wayne McGregor Creative Lab.
The programme will take place from January – August 2023. The programme is flexible and light touch and wherever possible events will be scheduled to fit around participants’ other commitments.
The programme is open to dancers in their final year of training who are about to embark on their professional career or who have graduated in the last year and could benefit from supported experience in the professional dance world.
Thanks to generous support from the Idlewild Trust the programme is free of charge to participants and there will be support for travel costs.
To apply please complete the following two forms by 16 January 2023.
- Application Form
- Equal Opportunities Form
Any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2023.
Informal meetings with shortlisted applicants will be held around the 20 January 2023.
Please let us know when applying if you have specific access requirements to attend an interview or take part in the programme.
Download PEER Programme 2023 Information Pack.
Studio Wayne McGregor welcomes applications from all Artists, but particularly encourages disabled, D/deaf and neurodivergent Artists to apply, as well as Artists from Black, Asian, and Ethnically Diverse backgrounds and those from lower-socio economic settings.